Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Shots from #FashionCares25

Hey y'all,

Know it's been a minute since #FashionCares25 the rolled out its red carpet at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, but its never too late to share some fab pics from an amazing event to benefit the Aids Committee of Toronto.  First of all, I don't think I've ever seen so much crazy bling, sequins, bright colours, high heels, feather boas, and anything else as epic as the fashions that I saw that night on the models, acts set to perform and even just the event-goers.  I literally could not stop craning my neck and people watching -- I wanted to take photos with every crazy outfit, but sadly my 5-inch heels kept me firmly planted in one place.

The performances were AMAZING.  From the Scissor Sisters to Janelle Monet to the Canadian acts -- I honestly danced up a storm in my seat.  And when the legendary Sir Elton John hit the stage, forget it! People were on their feet and screaming.  It was the first time I'd ever seen him perform live, and even though he was sick (seriously hoarse voice), he blew the audience away with songs like Tiny Dancer and Crocodile Rock (one of my faves of all time).

Overall, the night promised to be one of glitz and glam, and I can't deny that it was chock full of that.  I enjoyed all of the performances, and just seeing the fashions all around me made the night worth it.  And, for it all to benefit a worthy cause...well, #FashionCares25, hats off to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment